Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lacy Sampler Scarf is Complete!


Pattern:  Superior Lacy Sampler Scarf (Click HERE for link)
Yarn:     Queensland Collection Bamboo Cotton

I started this scarf in JULY 2010. Click HERE for that post with some close ups of each lace repeat.  Much like the Second Sock Syndrome, I was very excited when I finished the first half and then promptly moved on to other projects... leaving this to collect dust.  I am excited to be finishing up so many projects.  I still have some WIPs and keep starting new projects.  Crazy, I know!!!  But I am happy to announce... it's March and I still have not bought any yarn this year!

The two halves of this scarf are not identical.  I think I MIGHT have missed a few rows at the end of the Diamond Mesh pattern... either that, or I just did not block the two halves to the same size. Whatever the case may be, it's one of those mistakes only I would notice (probably).  I did not think I would like to wear this scarf but I think I might keep this for me.  Besides, if there's a big mistake in the scarf, I can't give it away, right?  The yarn drapes really nicely and the scarf is really long so you can tie it around your neck in a stylish fashion that lays nicely.  I'll try to get one of the girls at the Thursday Knitting Group to snap my photo today so you can see how it looks.  I think what is great about this pattern is that each of five different lace patterns would make a great scarf all by itself.  And of course.... as I was knitting it, I kept wondering where I could insert beads within the lace patterns.  


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Awesome FOs! Very pretty - the green hat too!