Monday, May 3, 2010

Mimi's Bed Socks... almost complete!


I really need to memorize the Kitchner stitch.... I also need to learn how to spell it correctly. Another preview of my socks... almost done. Son was busy typing a school project so I could not gain access to my favorite YouTube Video where Susan B. Anderson demonstrates how to finish the toe of a sock using the Kitchner stitch. Notice how the cables on the left and right socks are mirror images instead of identical? I like that detail. I made these socks using one ball of Cascade 220 Superwash (worsted weight) yarn in a medium heathery purple (220 yards). I barely had any yarn left! Thank goodness I did not follow the pattern to the letter (I shortened the socks) otherwise I definitely would have run out of yarn! This is all I had left!

No comments: