Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Oil Well Flats Hitchhiker



Hitchhiker #4 with Beads



I think this is the 4th Hitchhiker I've made; this time I added beads.







This yarn is very special!  This yarn was hand dyed by Andromeda Sock Yarn especially for my local knit shop "Yarned & Dangerous".  This yarn has a pretty cool story too.

I was at my local yarn shop and the owner, Ann, was excited to tell me that the Indie Dyer from Andromeda Sock Yarn was willing to hand dye yarn especially for the shop. Ann asked if I had any suggestions and I did. I said that I thought it would be cool to have yarn with colors that reflect the geography of our local area... the places where I love to walk... the places that make our county (Fremont County) so unique and special.  I suggested places such as Skyline Drive, Tunnel Drive, and Oil Well Flats.  I even sent some photos from my recent hikes in the areas to Ann and I think she might have sent them to the yarn dyer.

A few weeks later, Ann announced that the yarn was in and I raced to the shop and snagged two hanks.  This yarn is called "Oil Well Flats", which is a place north of Canon City, Colorado.  It's a great place to hike and mountain bike.



Here are some photos of the Oil Well Flats area from a hike a few months back. I think the colors in the yarn reflect the colors in the Oil Well Flats area very well.  What do you think?















No comments: