Friday, June 8, 2018

Norah's Vintage Afghan: Block #16 is Complete



Norah's Vintage Afghan: Block #16



I have not done any work on my Norah's Vintage Afghan Project in several months.  I had started block #12 (maybe?) several months ago and, when I pulled it out to work on it this past week, I then realized I was using the incorrect color. So I skipped ahead to Block #16 which called for the Black Currant color.  It is difficult to photograph the squares done in such dark colors, so here are just a few photos to give you an idea what this block looks like. The chart looks so complicated but this block was actually pretty easy.  There are just for different cable stitches and all are worked over just four stitches.  The instructions also call for a bobble. I think the bobble instructions are incorrect.  The instructions basically indicate you should "knit into the front and the back of the next stitch two times" which should result in FIVE stitches in the original stitch.  That just doesn't add up.  For my bobbles, I knit into the front and the back two times and then knit into the front of the stitch one more time to yield FIVE stitches.  I really like how the bobbles are knit up in this pattern. You do not have to turn your work repeatedly when you make your bobbles.




It was so fun to whip up this block. I think I'll start another.



Chart for Block #16 Norah's Vintage Afghan.


No comments: