Saturday, March 10, 2018

Some Hats



Top This Puppy Hat



I've been knitting up a storm lately. I've been making so many things that I am not finishing things very quickly, but I do have a few finished items I've not yet posted about.  This is a hat to fit a child.  It's a kit called "Top This" by DMC.  Instead of a pom pom, each ball of yarn comes with a little stuffed item to add to the top of the hat.  Puppy, kitty, lion, elephant, flower, unicorn, soccer ball... so many choices.  This is a puppy of course.



Kodiak Kisses



Here's another hat.  This is one hat but there are different designs on each side of the hat. The pattern is adorable, isn't it? It's called "Kodiak Kisses" and the pattern can be found HERE.  Sadly my hat doesn't fit due to some problems with my fair isle technique.  Gauge might have also been an issue for me.  I do have more of both the blue and cream colored yarn. My next attempt at this project will be to cast on about 50 percent more stitches and make a cowl using the cute charts for kissing Mama and Baby Bear and trees!  The yarn is Cascade Pacific and is really soft; it's a wool/acrylic blend.

I think I am done with hats for now. I am working on an amazing project called "Cozy Winter" and it was going really well... or so I thought!  I brought to show the gals at my local knit shop yesterday and, as I was holding it up, I noticed a mistake in the braided cable.  I considered leaving the mistake in there, but I just had to rip it back.  So I ripped out 100 rows (maybe less) to fix the offending cable, and I am back on track.  I'll show you this project soon.

No comments: