Thursday, July 27, 2017

Building in Color: Panel #4 Completed

 

Building in Color: Panel #4

I've had this panel done for a little while now but it took me a bit of time to get around to blocking it. Then my computer died.  I was not a fan of this panel. It was a good technique to learn.  In this panel you learn the skill "stitch one in the row below". I did not find this to be a difficult technique, but I thought the panel looked a bit sloppy on the Right Side.  I actually like the look of the panel on the Wrong Side a little bit better.  Below you can see a close up of the panel on the Right Side and, at the very end of this post, you can see a photo of the panel on the Wrong Side. I guess it will be my choice when I sew all the panels together. I can chose to make the Wrong Side the Right Side if I prefer.

I am also slowly working on Panel #5. I love panel #5 but is slow to grow. I've also started Panel #6 but have not worked on it much since class one month ago. Tomorrow I will be teaching class on Panel #7 so I guess I better get busy!


Above (Right Side)


Above (Wrong Side)

No comments: