Monday, July 31, 2017

Bamboo Socks


Bamboo Socks


I visited a yarn shop in Colorado Springs, Colorado, a few weeks back.  It's called Wooly Works.  Everything was on sale (15% off) so I did a little shopping. A colorful ball of sock yarn caught my eye and I had to have it, despite the fact that I already have a ton of sock yarn.  I also found some Cubics knitting double pointed knitting needles.  Cubics are made by Knitters Pride and the needles are actually square shaped, not round like most knitting needles.  I already have lots of knitting needles but they were on sale so I just had to have them, too.  My friend, Belinda, got some yarn that she wanted to get wound at the store, so while I waited, I cast on the sock with the new yarn and the new needles.  I did not need to start any new socks... I have SO many pairs of socks in various stages of completion in my craft room.

After I finished up one of my Building in Color panels this past Saturday, I loved the feeling I had from actually finishing something. So this weekend, I buckled down and finished up this pair of socks.  Ta Dah!  Another completed project.  I love it!   As I was finishing up this pair of socks, I was thinking about what unfinished objects I have in my craft room.  I think I'll tackle another pair of unfinished socks and try to work on them until they are done.  Sometimes having so many unfinished objects or works in progress makes me feel kind of overwhelmed. 

Off to work on those socks... and maybe some laundry.  The lawn needs to be mowed but it rained last night so the grass is too wet for mowing right now.  The bathrooms probably needs cleaning, but this girl has her priorities!

Oh! In case you are wondering about the fun yarn I used for these socks, this is On Line Supersocke 4-fach Bambus-Color (it is a German yarn).  The fiber content is 50% superwash merino wool, 25% viscose, and 25% polyamide/rayon from BAMBOO.  I am thinking the "Bambus" in the yarn name must be German for Bamboo.  The yarn color way is #2109.  I sure love the summery colors in this yarn.  For these socks, I cast on 60 stitches and I used my new Knitters Pride Cubics needles in 2.5 mm size double pointed needles. 

No comments: