Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cascade Socks


I'm in my knitting nest and I am flanked by Labradoodle love. Sandy on the left; Brutus on the right. 

A little sock knitting today.  I am knitting this pair two at a time from the toe up, on one 40 inch circular needle (2.75 mm). There are 52 stitches per round. 

Judy's Magic Cast On, Fleegle Heel, and I'll use Jeny's Suprisingly Stretchy Bind Off when I get there. I am working on the heel increases now. I hope I started the heel at the right time. I am still struggling with that. 

The yarn is Patons Kroy Socks FX and the colorway is called "cascade colours". Notice the "u" in "colours"? Patons yarn must be from Canada, eh?


This yarn is from my mom's stash of yarn. Thanks Mom!!!!


The Cascades are mountains in the Pacific Northwest where I grew up and that's what I think of when I look at this yarn called cascade colours. 

Happy Knitting!

No comments: