Thursday, April 23, 2015

Funfetti Socks


 
Funfetti Cake?  Pretty cool looking, right?


At the Yarn Fest, I was particularly drawn to the Western Sky Knits booth. Belinda and I bought some black and neon colored yarn there so we could both make a pair of Aquaphobia socks just like we saw knit up in the booth. 


I also saw a pair of socks knit up in a knit 3-purl 1 ribbed pattern and I just loved the look of them.  I did not buy the yarn but I kept thinking about THOSE socks knit up in THAT yarn. I kept calling the yarn "cupcake yarn". I think the yarn reminded me of Funfetti cake batter like the photo at the top. 
 
When Belinda and I were sitting and knitting in our hotel room the night before our sock class at the Yarn Fest,  I asked...
 
"If we went home right now and did not re-visit the Marketplace before the left, what yarn would you regret not getting?
 
For me, it was easy.
That "cupcake yarn" was calling my name!
I bought a skein of it on Friday 
 
So pretty...


It's funny how yarn looks so different when wound up in a hank...

 
...compared to wound up in a ball...


... compared to on the needles...

I was a good girl and knit up a gauge swatch on 2.25 mm needles. I got 8 stitches per inch so I cast on 64 stitches and am making one of my favorite patterns called "Ribbed Socks for Bigger Feet" by Susan B. Anderson.  The pattern is not for BIG feet per se; it's just adapted from Susan B. Anderson's child-child sized ribbed sock pattern.   

After knitting dozen or so rows on my Funfetti Cupcake Socks, I remembered I had another pair of socks in progress so I am going to try to finish up those socks before knitting much more with newly acquired yarn. The other socks I am knitting are a funky striped socks in fruity colors.  For the striped pair, I am trying to master a short row heel I've tried before.  I'll post about those socks soon. I just finished up turning the heels on both socks so now I am racing toward the toes. 

Until next time... Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Pretty cake...and pretty socks...

~Have a lovely day!