Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hat Knitting: Alternating Cables Cap

 
Alternating Cables Cap
Knit in Berroco Vintage DK
 
I've been doing a little hat knitting this week.  My local yarn shop has a great selection of Berroco Vintage DK. I was curious to see how this yarn would knit up in my Alternating Cables Cap pattern.  Turned out really nicely and it was a relatively easy and quick knit.  Turns out the hard part was taking a decent "selfie" to show off the hat. 
 
Ummm, this photo is no good. Try again...
 
 
Mmmmm???  Fail!


Okay, keep trying.  Don't get that weird angle where it looks like you have a big 'ol double chin.
Oh, okay.  I can live with this picture.  Hat looks great and I don't look like a total dork.
 

When I originally came up with this hat design, I used Berroco Comfort DK. I love his hat in both Berroco Comfort DK and Berroco Vintage DK.  I think Berroco Vintage DK may just be my new favorite yarn.  I think this colorway is called Lilac and it has a very delicate tweedy quality, with subtle flecks of other colors in the fibers.  LOVE it!

No comments: