Saturday, August 3, 2013

Visiting Portland: The Japanese Garden

 





 
On my recent trip to Oregon to visit my mom and dad, we drove not too far from their home to visit the Rose Garden which over looks the city of Portland.  The next day we decided to go back to the same area to visit the Japanese Garden.  The gardens are side by side; you can park in one parking lot and visit both parks in one day.   These parks are in the hills to the west of Portland.  The Japanese Garden is very hilly terrain and is absolutely gorgeous.  I did my best to take some photos to capture the beauty but it was tricky, as it's very shady in parts.  Here are some of my favorite pictures in no particular order. 
 





































I lived in Oregon for quite a long time, visiting the Rose Garden many, many times.  The Japanese Garden seemed totally unfamiliar to me. I would have sworn I had been there before!  It's well worth seeing if you visit Portland. There is also a Chinese Garden in downtown Portland.  I went there several years ago with my mom and dad.  The Chinese Garden is also a great place to visit and is vastly different from the Japanese Garden.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Oh how pretty!

~Have a lovely day!