Thursday, September 13, 2012

Striped Infinity Scarf #2

 

Another Striped Infinity Scarf.  A fun, relaxing knit.  The pattern is by Michelle Hunter at www.knitpurlhunter.com.  This is a great project to have on the needles... you can grab it and go... and knit a row here and there while waiting to pick up your kid after school or after sports practice. Also great for TV knitting.  I like to have an easy pattern like this to work on to take a break from something more complicated such as a charted lace shawl.  And the results are so great... such a wearable piece.  The first scarf I made with this pattern was made with Zauberball (fingering weight yarn, about 450 yards of yarn) which yielded a very long scarf. I like to wear it tripled up around neck.  This version is made with Crystal Palace's Mini Mochi which, to me, comes in amazing colorways.  This colorway is called "Crayon Box" and I used about 1 1/2 skeins (fingering weight, about 300 yards).   The recipient is a friend, Mrs. C.  I met her when our boys were in kindergarten and they are now sophomores in high school.  She's a grade school teacher, a very nice lady, a terrific mom... she is very petite and I think she'll like this shorter version of the scarf.  The yarn surprisingly has a lot of brown in it which you don't necessarily see in the photos.  I see Mrs. C wearing lots of earthy browns and when I showed this to my husband and said I planned to gift this to Mrs. C, my husband said, "Oh, those ARE her colors!"  Funny the things he notices.  I am glad he concurred.

 
A sunlight photo... my only window with southern exposure is in the dinky laundry room!  Check out my new dryer. Ha, ha!
Hubby snapped a photo for me. Wet hair... just out of the shower.  I should have smiled more! :)
Love this scarf. Tempted to keep for myself but I can always make another!

No comments: