Friday, July 22, 2011

Pretty Pink Hat #4

Hermione Hearts Ron


This cap may look familiar. I've made it four times now... same yarn, same pattern. I love how it turns out!  The yarn is Berroco Comfort DK in a color called "Rosebud."  The pattern is called "Hermione Hearts Ron" (which will mean something to you if you are a fan of Harry Potter books and/or movies).  The hat pattern link can be found HERE.   As this was my last skein of Rosebud, I sent an e-mail message to Michelle, the owner of my local yarn shop called "Grandma's Beads and Yarn" in Canon City, Colorado.  I asked her to order more of the yarn for me, which I figured would be 10 to 12 skeins.  Each skein makes one cap using this pattern.  I told Michelle I'd be happy to buy the entire bag since she was special ordering for me.  I told her it was no hurry or anything, but if she could just order the yarn for me the next time she was placing an order with Berroco, I'd sure appreciate it.  She wrote back right away, she ordered it for me right away, and it was mine at a 15% discount since it was for a good cause.  Michelle is very good to me and I am so fortunate to have such a great local yarn shop! 

Yarn and beads and great friends all in one spot.

No comments: