Thursday, April 16, 2020

Tweed Socks


Lots of knitting going on at my house.  I bought this Regia Tweed 6-ply Sock Yarn awhile back. I contemplated making this into lots of different things but more socks for my husband seemed like a good idea.  I was watching a sock knitting class on “Bluprint” with instructor Lucy Neatby and I thought the pattern called “Smocked Guernsey Socks” might be nice in this yarn. I also considered a pattern called “Simple Skyp Socks”.  Both patterns are FREE; I’ll link to these patterns below.  

I cast on my husband’s socks with 72 stitches with 2.75 mm needles.  I did some ribbing and then I did a purl round.  I decided to try out out the special stitch in the Skyp socks and I found that way to slow and tedious.  I decided to make my socks ribbed socks with knit 6, purl 2 ribbing.  Just for kicks, I decided to purl a round after 10 rounds of the ribbing.  I think this resulted in a fun knit with a nice look. I will do this again.  For this heel, I used the Fish Lips Kiss Heel with is my current favorite heel (I have it memorized so that’s always nice).  

Smocked Guernsey Socks pattern here:


Simple Skyp Socks pattern here:


Also, here is the Fish Lips Kiss Heel pattern; there is a small fee for this pattern but it’s well worth it (like I said... it’s my favorite sock heel to knit):



Here are some photos of the socks in various stages of completion.  As you can see, there is ALWAYS a dog or two in close proximity when I snap a photo of my knitting.  Our Labradoodles think the current Covid-19 Pandemic and Colorado Stay-at-Home Order are just fantastic!


Socks and one dog (Brutus) above).

Socks and two dogs below (Brutus next to me and Sandy balanced on top of my legs). 


Below... all done!



I love the colorful flecks in this Regia Tweed yarn.

Ta-dah!  All done. Warm and cozy feet.  We are expecting a few inches of snow later today.  Husband is enjoying the hand knit socks.


No comments: