Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Autumn Hot Pads



Autumn Hot Pads



If you hadn't noticed, I've been on a bit of a sewing kick ever since I got back from the NW Quilt Expo in Portland, Oregon, a week or so ago.  At the Expo, I purchased a kit to make two hot pads for my kitchen.  The project was so quick, fun, and easy, that I went out and purchased some more "Insul Bright", which is a batting suitable to use in hot pads.  For my Autumn Hot Pads, I used a bunch of Autumn-themed fabrics.  These are all fabrics from my Mom's stash of fabric.  Thanks, Mom!  The front sides of the hot pads are from some pre-printed fabric.  I actually cut out the individual designs a long time ago.  For the backing, I used coordinating fabrics.



Today sure was good sewing weather. Brrrr!  It's so cold and damp out.  Hard to believe since we were out riding our bikes yesterday afternoon when it was 77 degrees Fahrenheit outside.



This weekend, I spent some time working on Zach's Federal Student Financial Aid paperwork for college; I stumbled across this photo from October 1998, mixed in with some miscellaneous paperwork.  Wow! Time sure flies...

No comments: