Wednesday, May 24, 2017

PAIRfect Socks



PAIRfect Socks


I am making a PAIRfect pair of socks.


Have you seen this special yarn at your local yarn shop?  I found this PAIRfect cotton sock yarn while visiting my mom and dad in Oregon. My local knit shop is now carrying this sort of yarn in a wool blend.  I am wondering if the cotton version has been discontinued. 


This yarn is designed to take the guess work out of making a perfectly matching pair of socks.  The yellow yarn you see is waste yarn.  To begin the socks, you pull the yarn from the center of the ball and you cut away the yellow yarn.  Then you start the cuff.  I cast on 64 stitches using 2.25 mm needles but the socks were way too big for me. I started over with 56 stitches.  The cuff, as you can see, is k2, p2 ribbing. When the yarn changed to blue, then I switched to stockinette stitch for the leg. When the yarn turned to blue again, I began the heel. I took detailed notes about the rows in the heel, the heel turn, and the number of stitches I picked up along the sides of the heel flap.  Right now I am working on the foot and the color has turned blue again.  I just need to keep on knitting until it's time to start the toe based upon the length of my foot. 

The leg portion of this sock is quite a bit longer than I would have ordinarily knit for a sock for myself, but that's okay. I am just following along with the design and concept of this yarn. 




No comments: