Thursday, May 4, 2017

Building in Color: Panel #4 in Progress


Building in Color: Panel #4
I just began working on Panel #4 of my "Building in Color" afghan (pattern link HERE). Above you can see a photo of the "right side" of the panel; below you can see a photo of the "wrong side of the panel".  The new skill in this panel is "knit below".  You can see a video of this technique by clicking HERE.  This new skill is not too hard although I kind of like the wrong side of this panel a bit better than the look of the right side of the panel.  I think when I started knitting this panel, my tendency was to try to knit really loosely, kind of like I feel I need to do when there are a lot of slipped stitches in a pattern. I think knitting loosely was making my panel look rather sloppy so I am working on my tension a bit. 

My class on Panel #4 is tomorrow at my local knit shop (The Yarn Shop at Words of Life).  I sure am looking forward to seeing all of my friends at the knit shop; it's been awhile!





No comments: