Sunday, February 19, 2017

Socks


Ribbed Striped Socks with an Afterthought Heel (Yes, that is a dog lying on my lap underneath the Sock!)

I've been spending time knitting socks lately.  For this sock, I am using two patterns from Susan B. Anderson and they are "Ribbed Socks for Bigger Feet" and "Smooth Operator Socks."  The Smooth Operator Sock pattern calls for an "afterthought heel".  In the photo below, you can see some bright yellow yarn knit into the sock.  I removed the yellow yarn and knit a heel in that spot with some dark blue solid colored yarn.  I like how the socks are looking but I am disappointed that I did not cast on a few more stitches.  I cast on only 60 stitches but 64 stitches would have been a bit better fitting sock for me using this yarn.

The yarn I am using for these socks is Patons Kroy Sock yarn in the Striped Blue Ragg colorway.

Here are the links to the patterns I am using.

Ribbed Socks for Bigger feet:  Click HERE.

Smooth Operator Socks:  Click HERE. 


No comments: