Saturday, December 7, 2013

Exciting News!




I have a little exciting news to share.  I have my pillows on display and for sale in a store!
 
Long story short... I spend a lot of time at a store in Canon City, Colorado... it's called Words of Life: Bee Inspired.  The front 2/3 of the store is a great gift shop and bookstore and the back 1/3 of the store is a yarn shop.  The yarn shop used to be next door and has changed hands a few times in the past few years, but now Ann owns both the gift shop/bookstore and the yarn shop. The yarn shop is now called "The Yarn Shop at Words of Life." 
 
I brought in one of my pillows the other day and left it at the shop for Ann to mail off to a friend along with some other items.  Ann's been so busy she hadn't mailed the box off yet but it turns out folks visiting the shop saw the pillow and wanted to know where they could get one. Ann and I got to talking and she said she'd allow me to have some pillows on display and sell them on a consignment basis.  How fun is that?   

 
Ann cleared off a nice shelf near the very front of the store since the items are new. How nice is that.  I have eight pillows on display in a variety of fabrics. 
 
 
I made labels so folks would know the pillows are locally made and used a safety pin and some ribbon to attach the labels to the pillows.  Wish me luck! I am excited!
 
"Words of Life" is located in the Historic Downtown, 615 Main Street, Canon City, Colorado 81212.



3 comments:

Maryellen said...

Congratulations! This is fantastic. I can see these selling really well and love the variety of fabrics. GO LOCAL!!! YAY!!!

bellsisterdong said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Hope it is wildly successful!!

Wool Free and Lovin' knit said...

That's great -- wish you much success in your new venture!