Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year... 2014 already?

Happy New Year!


I kind of feel as if my knitting has slowed down quite a bit this year, especially right after the middle of the year.  In June, we got our puppy, Sandy, and also I opened up an Etsy shop (KimzKraftKorner)and then opened another Etsy shop (KimzKnits).  Tennis season and some house remodeling projects filled up more time in the fall and then, next thing I knew, it was time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

And here we are... December 31st!

Already!

I am working on some socks.  Not much progress. The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand Dyed Yarn from my Mom's Stash. Thank, Mom!

Check out that cool yarn bowl!  I bought this for a Christmas present for myself.  Donna from "TwinMountainPottery" on Etsy made this.  I told her I liked the looks of one of the bowls she had sold.  I liked the shape and design and size.  I pointed out a number of items in her shop to show her what sort of glaze or finish I liked and I asked her to surprise me. The bowl works great!  I LOVE it!

I worked on some sewing projects this weekend. Some for Etsy, some not.  A few weeks back, I had fun sewing with fleece.  Here are a few photos for you! 


Bad lighting. Sorry. This is a Hello Kitty flannel blankie with a pink minky backing. 


A NASCAR pillow for an Etsy custom order. 

Here are some other random photos to catch you up!


Sandy in front if the tree. 


Our first Christmas in our newly remodeled great room. 

Wishing you all the best in 2014!

No comments: