Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Coffee Bean Sweater: For Grant's Baby Boy


Not too long ago, a guy at work (Grant) saw me giving my friend, DeeDee, a hat for her little girl, Emma.  It was a small version of my Alternating Cables Cap in Berroco Comfort DK in "rosebud". Sweet!

Grant looked at me sort of longingly and said... "You know, I have a little girl too and my wife and I are having a baby boy in May..."




So I made this sweet little cardigan for Grant's baby boy.  I already have a hat made for Grant's little girl, who I understand is about 3 years old. 

The pattern I used for Grant's baby boy is "Little Coffee Bean"; a FREE pattern I have been wanting to make for quite some time.  It's a bit more work than some of the other "knit from the top down" baby sweaters I've made, yet it's knitting up rather quickly since the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. 


I am used Berroco Comfort in tan and blue.  I love this cozy color combination. 


This pattern can be made for a boy or a girl.... with or without stripes. Endless possibilities really.  There are over 2,000 Little Coffee Bean sweaters on Ravelry... so many cute sweaters!  I love the inspiration I get from Ravely.

The pattern can be found HERE on Ravelry.  I like a lot of designs by this young designer, Elizabeth Smith.  Her design shop is called "The Brown Stitch Designs".  Here's a LINK to all of her patterns on Ravelry.  

1 comment:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

very cute!