Friday, January 14, 2011

Things to do

I have been pondering New Year's Resolutions since mid-December.  When I joined the Ravelry group called "12 months=24 hats" it got me to thinking about setting goals for my knitting.

With these goals in mind, I've been inventorying my stash of yarn.  I have yarn to complete all of my goals and then some!  The only exception is yarn suitable for the Wrapped in Care project. I have some yarn in my stash but it might not be suitable.  When I did an inventory of my yarn today, I gathered printed patterns and skeins of yarn and made up kits to make the following projects. Drum roll, please... here they are!
  1. Pismo sweater in Cascade 220 Superwash in a lavender color.
  2. Clapotis in Noro Silk Garden (sock weight).
  3. Modern Classics Christmas stockings in blue and white (a kit from Knit Picks)
  4. Point Gammon Pullover in Berroco Weekend in a tan color.
  5. Beaded Scarf in Cascade Ultra Pima Cotton (chocolate brown color with great beads).
  6. Hemlock Ring Throw in Cascade Eco Wool in an off white/natural color.
  7. Enough yarn to make 9 pairs of socks (various brands of sock yarn).
  8. Enough yarn to make 15 chemo caps with Berroco Comfort DK.
  9. A ton of Queensland Bamboo Cotton (am not sure what to do with it).
  10. A ton of Nancy (discontinued) cotton/rayon/acrylic/silk blend yarn (might make a shawl).
  11. A ton of acrylic and acrylic/wool blend yarns (not sure what to do with all of it but some is being knit into stockings for soldiers and some is being knit into hats for babies).
  12. Two kinds of lace yarn in different shades of pink to make a scarf and a shawl (maybe)
  13. Several skeins of Berroco Comfort Chunky in an off-white color (might make Rosamund's Cardigan but I am just not sure?).
  14. Some bright yarn to make these Christmas Ornaments (a crochet project).
Believe it or now, I have much, much more yarn.  We'll have to revisit this post in December (and throughout the year) to check on my progress.  I am feeling a tad overwhelmed. I better knit faster! 

What projects are you planning to make in 2011?

1 comment:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

WOW, that' s quite a list. I need to do an inventory too but I hope my list ends up being a little shorter. LOL.