Friday, January 28, 2011

Beaded Bag in progress


I have re-purposed this yarn and these beads from an old project. It was from a kit to make a scarf with beads, but I was not happy with it.  I am not a big fan of starting over from "square one" especially when the scarf was more than half done, but now that I've been working on this project for awhile, I am glad I switched gears.  I re-strung all the beads (a big chore!) because the beads had pearly white beads mixed in... and when you used a white bead against the white yarn in a pattern like this (or as in the scarf) it looked as if I made a mistake and missed a bead.

To see the beaded scarf (which is now just a memory), click HERE

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I like that bag a lot! does it have a drawstring top?

PS - the scarf was really pretty too...

Kim said...

Yes, it calls for 32 inches of I-cord to make the drawstring... 32 inches... yawn!