Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Socks for Sylvia


Socks for Sylvia

Sylvia is my son’s girlfriend. I love her just like a daughter. I love having her as part of our family.  
This cheerful yarn reminded me of her.  Plus she likes orange.



The yarn is pictured above. I am a sucker for anything with smiley faces on it.


The pattern I used for these socks is called “Swirl E. Socks”. It’s a fun pattern to do and gives the sock a bit of texture.  The pattern, I believe, calls for a traditional heel flap and gusset, but I worked a “Fish Lips Kiss Heel” in the sock. I just like to do that heel. I have it memorized, I don’t really have to count anything, and I don’t have to pick up any stitches.  The Swirl E. Sock patterN is free and you can find the link here:


You can find the pattern for the Fish Lips Kiss Heel on Ravelry here (It’s a $1.00 pattern and it’s incredibly well written... totally worth the purchase in my opinion):



Ta-dah!  All done. I love how they turned out. Sylvia has some tiny feet. She says the fit is perfect and she looks forward to wearing them when it’s not so hot out.  We are having a heat wave in Colorado this week.  Good weather for sock knitting; not good weather for sock wearing.






No comments: