Monday, July 6, 2020

Socks for Carrie


Socks for Carrie

I made these socks for my sister, Carrie. I still need to mail them to her. Shhh! It’s a surprise.




The yarn is Full Moon BFL Sock Yarn and is hand dyed by an awesome Colorado lady.  Her yarn shop is called Hummingbirdmoon Yarn.  She likes witchy things.  This yarn’s color way is called “Eye of Newt”.

My computer is not cooperating with me.  I am adding photos chronologically but the computer is jumbling the photos up.  You can see in some photos that the yarn is pooling in a really haphazard way.  I was having trouble knitting tightly enough with some of my sock needles.  When I knit loosely, the yarn pooled. When I switched to different needles and about 4 stitches less per round, the yarn striped instead of pooled.  Amazing.  





For these socks, I just knit plain socks with k2p2 ribbing. The heel is a Fish Lips Kiss Heel.                    




No comments: