Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Oh My Stars


Oh My Stars


"Oh My Stars" is a free quilt pattern by Pat Sloan. You can get the pattern HERE.  The quilt is basically 5 x 5 inch squares.  You can purchase pre-cut 5 x 5 inch squares in Charm Packs. I found my Charm Packs at a store called "Tuesday Morning".  The black fabric I used for the stars and binding and the gray fabric I used for the border and backing are fabrics I got at my local quilt shop.

I intended to do the quilting on this project on my Babylock Jazz II machine but I am finding it difficult to maneuver something so big on my machine.  I tried a little hand quilting and decided that wasn't for me. I decided to "hand tie" my quilt. I did not like the look of the knots on the front of the quilt so I place the knots on the back.  For the hand tying, I used perle cotton that I found at my local yarn shop.

I love how the points of the stars cleverly extend into to quilt's border.

If you enjoying quilting, I encourage you to check out Pat Sloan's blog which you can find HERE.  Pat offers may free quilt along patterns.  She also has a great Facebook group.  It's fun to see what others are making.



No comments: