Wednesday, August 7, 2019

I am behind: Here are Some Quilt Projects I've made Lately


Quilt Projects


I've been so busy learning to quilt that I have not taken the time to post much lately. Here is a little catch up.  Above is a little table top quilt I made using four fat quarters. I just made a bunch of Half Square Triangles and then put them together in a way that I thought looked nice.




Above is a wall hanging I made using two half yard pieces of ombre fabrics.  I tried to arrange the pin wheels so that they fade from one color to another.  


Above is a wall hanging I made using a winter-themed fabric.  The aqua blue fabric has cardinals and snow flakes on it. I intended to hanging this up during the holiday season but we ended up hanging it in the laundry room.  It's colorful and cheerful.  The design I used for this project is called Disappearing Nine Patch.





Here's another Disappearing Nine Patch project.  Above you can see four nine patch blocks.  Once you make the nine patch block, you cut each nine patch into four pieces by making vertical and horizontal cuts in the center.  Then you rearrange the pieces and stitch them all together again.  This project hasn't found a home yet.    



No comments: