Saturday, February 16, 2019

One Hour Slippers (Crochet)

One Hour Slippers



On the internet the other day (Facebook or Instagram?), I saw a cute pair of slippers and I decided I had to go to the yarn shop to get chunky yarn so I could make a pair.  The yarn I selected was King Cole brand "Comfort Chunky Multi" and the colorway is "Humbug".  The pattern for these slippers is called "One Hour Slippers" and the pattern link can be found HERE.  A word of caution about this pattern is that the written instructions are not entirely complete.  There is a companion video link in the pattern on line and you have to watch the video in conjunction with reading the written instructions in order to have all the information.  I don't say that to be critical, but to be helpful.  Also, my ball of yarn had 116 yards and it was not quite enough to make both slippers. I had to get a second ball of yarn to finish slipper #2.  If you fear you do not have enough yarn, you can use a contrasting yarn in the cuff area of the slippers to ensure you do not run out of yarn. Specifically, you could do rounds 19 and 20 in a contrasting yarn.  Since I had a lot of yarn leftover in yarn ball #2, I made up a cute chunky hat.  I had so much fun making the chunky hat, that I made two more chunky hat. This is how things are in my world.  I'll show you the hats tomorrow!



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

CUTE...I think I need new slippers...
~Have a lovely day!