Thursday, October 11, 2018

Luscious Lace Scarf




Luscious Lace Scarf







This pattern is called "Luscious Lace Scarf". It's a free pattern which can be found on Ravelry.  I knit this project using the very last of my hand dyed yarn.  I had the opportunity to attend a yarn dyeing workshop this past summer at my local yarn shop (Yarned & Dangerous, Canon City, Colorado). The class was taught by Peggy (The 100th Sheep).

When I knit this rectangular shaped scarf, I did modify the pattern slightly.  First, I cast on only 52 stitches; the pattern as written called for a greater number of stitches. I wanted a longer, narrower scarf.  My scarf is about seven feet long and about nine inches wide.  Second, the pattern calls for slipping the last stitch of each row; I slipped the first stitch of each row instead.  I did this because I found it difficult to work the slipped stitches after I turned my work each row if slipped the last stitch. Slipping the first stitch of each row worked better for me and gave the scarf a nice looking edge on both the right and left sides.








Here a few photos of the yarn I dyed. If I have the opportunity to dye more yarn in the future, I'll definitely jump at the chance. It's very fun!





No comments: