Saturday, October 6, 2018

Felted Oven Mitts



Felted Oven Mitts

The past few weeks I have been making some knitted felted projects. I am using up yarn leftover from other projects. These are not the greatest photos; I took the photos at night time and the yarn colors are dark.  In some of the photos, the yarn is still wet so that makes it look darker, too.

The yarn I am using is Kraemer Mauch Chunky 100 percent wool and the colors are Eggplant and Redwood.  I was able to make up two mitts and a hot pad with what I had.  The pattern is from a book called "Knit One, Felt Too"; I borrowed the book from my local knit shop.  Thanks, Ann!  (Yarned & Dangerous, Canon City, Colorado).  In the various photos, you can see the projects before and after felting. It's so amazing how much the projects shrink up and I love how the stitch definition disappears when you felt knitted projects.  I should point out that the project pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and you hold two strands of yarn together while knitting in the round with US Size 15 needles.  I used chunky yarn so I only held one strand of yarn while knitting in the round on US Size 15 needles.  For the mitts, you cast on only 36 stitches.  These mitts are a really quick knit!










No comments: