Tuesday, May 1, 2018

WIP Madness



WIP (Works in Progress) Madness!!!



In a recent post I mentioned that I have been knitting like mad lately, but did not have much to show for it in the way of completed projects. I have been casting on too many new projects.  Somehow it makes me feel a bit better about all the yarn in my stash if I know all the yarn has a purpose or is intended for a particular project.

I decided to type up a quick post just to show you a FEW of the projects I have on the needles. Above you can see a Hitchhiker.  This is maybe Hitchhiker #5 for me; I like the pattern a LOT. This pattern is not free but is available on Ravelry.  I'll tell you more details about this project and the yarn I am using (it's VERY SPECIAL!) when I finish up this project but, as you can see, this Hitchhiker is also pretty special since I am adding beads to the points.



Up next is my Pembroke.  This pattern and this yarn are a match made in Heaven.  I intended to make this yarn into an entirely different pattern but had second thoughts.  A few weeks ago I saw a woman wearing a really nice knitted item around her neck and she told me the pattern name is "Pembroke".  I am so glad to have learned about this pattern. It's a lot like knitting a Hitchhiker but there are no points. Some folks might rail against a pattern like this; it is rather boring. But I love t knit this when I am drinking coffee in the morning and listening to the news and I'll also knit a few rows when I am winding down in the evening.  Easy and relaxing knitting. Nothing wrong with that!







Finally, some socks!  A sock knitter like me always has a pair (or two or three) of socks on various sets of needles.  This is another free pattern on Ravelry and it's called Katniss.  There is a braided cable on the front of the sock and also on the back of the sock.  I need to start the heels on these socks soon.



So there you have it... these are just SOME of my current WIP's.  Happy Knitting to you!

No comments: