Sunday, April 29, 2018

Socks Made with Hand Dyed Yarn



Socks Made with Hand Dyed Yarn



Ta dah!  I finished something.  I really have been knitting a lot lately but the problem is that I am knitting so many things that I am not finishing many things.

In my last post (see HERE), I showed how I had dyed some yarn at home using Kool Aid and Easter egg dye.  I knit up the yarn into socks and here they are.





I used 2.50 mm needles for these socks and the pattern is called "Jeck"; it is a FREE pattern on Raverly.  The pattern is not very noticeable knit up in my colorful yarn but I am sure I will use this pattern again. I enjoyed knitting it.  It's just a two row repeat so it's not too fussy and it's easy to memorize.

Find the Jeck pattern on Ravelry (click HERE)

As you can see below, Sandy "The Yarn Connoisseur", enjoyed helping me while I was knitting these socks.



She's happiest when she can lay on me but she doesn't like to be poked with the double pointed needles.  It's rough being a dog sometimes.  Sandy does prefer knitting with circular needles as opposed to dpns.







Above: the undyed yarn.
Below: the dyed yarn.
It's fun to see how these socks developed!



Happy Knitting.  I am hoping to have some other finished objects to share sometime soon, but no promises.  I should have a "work in progress" post perhaps.



No comments: