Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bamboozle Cowl


Bamboozle Cowl

I like how this turned out.  I just made up the pattern as I went and I am happy with it.

The pattern is available on Ravelry.  Click HERE.

I did soak the cowl in water with a bit of Euclan.  Initially I regretted doing this. I was afraid maybe  I liked the cowl better before I soaked it. The yarn soaked up so much water I had to pat it dry rather vigorously with a thick bath towel just to remove some excess water otherwise I feared it would take a week to dry!  I was afraid I mashed it too hard and made it look flat.  But it fluffed up a bit as it dried. I did not block it with any pins; I just shaped it a bit with my hands. Wet blocking it and shaping it like I did helped; the edges do not curl up now.

The yarn is so pretty.  I love the "Heathers" color way in this yarn (Bamboozle by King Cole).  In case you were wondering, the yarn is a blend of bamboo, wool, and acrylic.  Get it?  Bamboo... Bamboozle!  Love it!

I looked on the Internet and see that Bamboozle comes in a variety of beautiful color ways.  You can see them HERE. 

My goal for this weekend is to finish up the Sock Head hat I've been working on... I'll keep you posted!

Happy Knitting!


No comments: