Sunday, July 10, 2016

Yarn Shopping in Seattle

I

I think knitters have a some sort of "Yarn Radar" or rather some sort of "sixth sense" that helps them find yarn.  After our cruise to Alaksa, Marilyn and I spent the day in Seattle, Washington.  We were smack dab in the middle of bustling, crowded Pike Place Market and Marilyn stopped dead in her tracks and said, "Oh, there's a yarn shop near here!"  Truth be told, she had been there before so she already knew of the yarn shop's existence. We stepped out on the street and I used my phone to determine the shop's location.  It was just a one minute walk from where we stood; Marilyn had sensed YARN was near! 

"So Much Yarn" was open on Sunday and we spent a number of hours (and a number of dollars) there. The shop is beautiful and has windows overlooking the Pike Place Market and Elliot Bay.  Here are a few photos from the shop.







There were three ladies working at the shop on Sunday and they were all so nice, friendly, and helpful.  We had shared with them that we were disappointed with the hotel we had booked in Seattle; we paid $200.00 for the room for one night and the place looked worn out and dirty.  We dropped off our suitcases at the hotel when we got off the cruise ship first thing in the morning, but of course our room would not be ready until later in the afternoon.  The good thing about the hotel was that it was a great downtown location and it was nice that they would hold our suit cases so we could enjoy our day in Seattle.  I think the gals at the knit shop were sympathetic and they invited us to bring our knitting to the shop so we could have a place to rest our feet and hang out for a bit. We took them up on that offer after we had a nice lunch at the Pike Place Market.

If you are ever in Seattle, definitely check out this great place called "So Much Yarn".  I did buy two skeins of sock yarn there and I'll certainly knit them up soon and show/tell you more about them.  I should mention that Marilyn and I also went to a yarn shop in Skagway, Alaska, but neglected to take any photos there. But of course... I did buy some yarn.







No comments: