Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year


Happy New Years Eve!  We woke up to bitter cold temperatures today. No worries. I had my Labradoodle blanket. This is the view of my lap. 


We (Zach and I) took the doggies for a walk at the river. It was a gorgeous bright and sunny cold morning walk. On the ground, there was super dry, light snow that looked like a blend of sugar and diamond glitter. It felt more like walking in sand on the beach than walking in snow.  The water in the river was slushy and frozen in some places and there was a beautiful mist hovering over the river and river banks in some places. Sandy was not too keen on the cold weather. She started to shake so I wrapped her in my fleece jacket and we took turns carrying her for awhile. 
 
When we got home. Brutus still had some spunk left in him. He played in the cul de sac with Zach. It was hilarious to watch Brutus chasing and pouncing on a slippery football in the ice and snow. 

It's nice to be toasty and warm in the house now. I am looking forward to a quiet New Years Eve with a little sock knitting. I doubt I'll stay up until midnight. 

Wishing you and yours a safe and happy new year. 

No comments: