Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pink Camouflage Socks are Complete!



A little knitting for me!  I bought this yarn last week at my new yarn shop... Grandma's Beads and Yarn in Canon City, Colorado.   The yarn is Bernat brand camouflage in shades of dark and pale pink as well as dark and pale sage green.

Again, what in nature does this camouflage?  Hmmm... bubble gum in the lawn?  Ha, ha.  I don't know. Whatever the case may be, I am finding that Bernat yarns are a treat with which to knit.  Very plump and squishy... which I find to be good qualities in yarn.  The randomness in the color changes makes for some interesting and unexpected squiggles and designs in the fabric.

The pattern is by my knitting gal pal Marilyn.  The pattern is called Simple Socks. I've been having problems with sloppy looking heels, so I followed Marilyn's pattern nearly to a "t" and I am very happy my tidy looking heel.  I might have JUST enough of this yarn left to make another pair of short socks.  I have just the recipient in mind... some one who has feet a little bit smaller than mine! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!!!!! Awesome job!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the short socks for summer (if it ever arrives in WA)!!! Hugs! K2

Anonymous said...

Such cute summery socks. I love the colors.
Harriet

affectioknit said...

I love those cute pink socks!