Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A little knitting and a little crocheting....

Pattern:  Shells and Trellis Chemo Cap
Yarn:  Caron Simply Soft in Lavender Blue
Click HERE for pattern link.

 
Peachy Baby Cap (with knit 2, purl 2 rib for the brim)
Pattern:  Berry Baby Cap (I modified the pattern a bit)
Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK (left over from chemo caps)
Click HERE for pattern link.

Upside Down Flower with rolled brim
Pattern:  Berry Baby Hat (I modified the pattern a bit... by accident)
Click HERE for pattern link.
Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK (left over from caps)
I got a little full of myself and did not refer to the pattern instructions when completing the decreases.
The decreases ended up in the wrong place.  Still turned out pretty cute though... :)

Having a fun using up yarn in my stash to make caps.  The Shells and Trellis Chemo Cap pattern is a super quick crochet project.  I completed over two evenings.  The pattern is easily memorized too. I learned about this pattern on my Ravelry Group called "12 months=24 caps". 

I am using up the yarn left over from previous chemo caps to make caps for babies.  These two caps above will probably fit some preemies.  They are being modeled on a lemon keeper which I got recently to keep cut lemons fresh in the refrigerator. Turns out it's also good for modeling tiny caps! 

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Those are so perfect! I love the fruity ones!