Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mandee's Top-Down Baby Jacket


So busy knitting this weekend... not much time for blogging. I found out last week a gal I know at work is expecting. Time for a baby sweater!  I already learned... IT'S A GIRL! and she will be named "Mandee" (she'll be joining big sisters Carlee and Aubree... cute, huh?).  I am also planning to make a hat with this great pale green yarn (I hope I have enough yarn?).  The yarn and pattern are both from Plymouth Brand (Encore Worsted Weight yarn - part wool and part acrylic).  I was lucky to get a copy of the pattern at my local yarn shop, but when I searched for the pattern on Ravelry, I found it's not a free pattern. Sorry.  Here's the link if you are interested.  I did make this pattern once before in lavender. I really do love this pattern.  The first time I made this pattern, I followed it to a "T" (knit the neck and sweater top first, then knit the sleeves, then knit the bottom of the sweater, and then sew the seams in the sleeves). This time around, I knit the bottom of the sweater first and am now knitting the sleeves in the round so there will be virtually no sewing in this sweater... yay for that! (I don't like sewing!)

On a very sad note... I learned Thursday that my local yarn shop is closing.  I am feeling so blue about that... I'll post more about that another day. 

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

That' a super cute little sweater! So sorry about your LYS...

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

I really love the shade of the newest sweater but they are both lovely. What a bummer about your LYS -- sure you don't want to take it over?