Thursday, August 12, 2010

How to Make a Miniature Sweater Hanger

I found this great plastic coated steel wire at my local hardware store.
To make the hangers, I use both wire cutters and adjustable pliers.  I cut off an eight-inch length of the coated wire.
To make the hook, I wrap the wire around the handle of the pliers or wire cutter.
I over lap about an inch of the wire like this...
Then I wrap it around as many times and as tightly as I can...
I use the pilers to crimp so the rough cut wire doesn't catch on the sweater...
Then I shape the bottom of the hanger with my fingers...
Ta-dah!

A fellow blogger at Wool Free and Lovin' Knit (what a clever blog name!) asked me how I make these little hangers.  It was fun to post this "how to"...  I hope you find it helpful.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Those are adorable! So cute with the little sweaters!

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Thanks Kim -- they are very cute!