Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Knitting Bee in Portland, Oregon


Visited a very nice knitting shop near my parents home last week... The Knitting Bee in Portland, Oregon. I could not resist this cute bag. It's a perfect bag for small projects and was nice to have while we were on the road. It fits my 10 inch straight needles very nicely. Also found some nice sock yarn... on sale. My mom said I should get it since the colors will look so nice with jeans... I agree! The Knitting Bee is a nice place to visit. Comfy couches in the front of the store so you can sit and browse patterns. The back portion of the shop had a big table where gals were knitting and talking. The gathering folks working at the table were working on various projects, getting assistance where needed. The Knitting Bee has a nice newsletter; I've viewed it on the internet a few times. I think their newsletter often features free patterns. This knit shop has a nice charity knitting project. They make sweaters and hats for teddy bears and then the bears are given to children who are going to summer camp. The camp features a program for children and teens who have experienced the death of a loved one. Before the bears are off to camp, the bears are on display in the shop. Last year, my mom went to the shop and took photos of the bears so I could see the creativity. The shop's website has information about their charity knitting project, as well as photos of some of the well dressed bears.

No comments: