Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Bojagi


Bojagi 

I have had this really nice yarn from “Ewetopia” in my stash for quite some time. The colors are called “Citron” and “Aster Blooms”. I purchased the yarn to make a pattern called “Spectra” but fell out of love with that idea. Truth be told, this yarn would look very nice in the Spectra pattern.

Then I found a pattern called “Goldfish Memory” and I started that pattern using this yarn along with some speckled hand dyed yarn.  It looked terrible together.  So I frogged it. The yarn lingered in my stash.


A few weeks back, I was looking on Instagram and I saw a shawl knit up in a pattern called “Bojagi”.  The lady who posted the shawl goes by “KAYTHEARKY”.  

Long story short, I went and grabbed this yarn, cast on the “Bojagi” pattern, and then just knit, knit, knitted merrily along until this project was done.  It was such a perfect and fun knit.  You start off with a little garter stitch, stitch some mosaic stitch, make some beautiful lace, switch back to mosaic stitch, and then race to the finish in garter stitch. It is very unusual for me to work on just one project from start to finish and complete a pattern like this in 12 days, but that’s just what I did because the pattern was so fun.              




It was kind of hard to photograph this project. I think the photos do not do it justice.  It’s really pretty and the yarn is dreamy, squishy soft.  If you’d like to knit this design, I’ve shared the FREE pattern link below.  And I can highly recommend yarn from “Ewetopia”.  I got the yarn at the Interweave Yarnfest in Loveland, Colorado, a few years back.

Here is the pattern link:


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That's really pretty!
~Have a lovely day!