Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Yoga Mat Bag


Yoga Mat Bag





I am pretty happy with how my yoga mat bag turned out. I added a clasp to the side to hold my car keys.  I added a zipper pouch to the outside to hold my wallet or any other small items I might need to keep secure.  The outside of the bag and the bag's straps were made from 4 fat quarters. The lining is from fabric I've had in my stash for a number of years.

 The bag's construction was inspired from a pattern from www.whitneysews.com.  The pattern is called "Drawstring Bag with Circular Bottom".  I started out with a large piece of fusible fleece (about 23 inches by 28 inches). I cut my fat quarters into a bunch of 3 inch x 22 inch strips.  I placed one strip of fabric right side up along the short end of the rectangle and then placed another strip right side down on top of the first rectangle.  I stitched along the long end of the rectangle with a 1/4 inch seam and then pressed the two strips open, being careful not to touch the iron to the adhesive on the fusible fleece.  I continued in this manner until I had a striped quilted piece down the length of the fusible fleece.  I trimmed the fleece to about 21 inches x 27 inches (my yoga mat is 24 inches wide). I neglected to take more photos along the way. Sorry.  

I just finished up a really cool Quilt as You Go (QAYG) quilt and am really happy with how that turned out. I'll be sure to show you that next.  Happy Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting.... whatever makes you happy!

No comments: