Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Miss Winkle



Miss Winkle

I'm a huge fan of patterns/designs by Martina Behm.  This is her design called "Miss Winkle". If you are a fan of the television show called "The Big Bang Theory", the name might be familiar to you. Yes! This design is named after the character Leslie Winkle played by Sara Gilbert. This is what Martina Behm has to say about this design.

One of my favorite sitcoms is "The Big Bang Theory“.  In one episode, nerdy physicist Leonard dates his colleague Leslie Winkle and they have a fierce argument about which version of  quantum Mechanics is correct – String Theory or Loop Quantum Gravity. When Leonard declares that he prefers his space “stringy, not loopy“, that’s a dealbreaker for Leslie (”How will we raise the children?“).  This is very loopy shawlette is here to celebrate Miss Winkle, women scientists and all women who know what they want and don’t let any man talk them out of it!

My Miss Winkle is knit in "Tosh Merino Light" by Madelintosh. The color way is called "Electric Rainbow" and the fiber content is dreamy, squishy, soft 100 percent Merino Wool.

I am sure I will knit this design again in the future!  I love it.









The photo above and below show the project while it was drying. I soaked the item in water for a bit and then squeezed out the excess water. Then I stretched it out on a large bath towel and allowed it to dry.  These are not the greatest photos but it allows you to see the shawl's unique shape a bit better.



No comments: