Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Smooth Operator Socks

Whoops!  More new yarn. 


Of course I already have several other pairs of socks in the works already but I just love this yarn. I got it at my local yarn shop - The Yarn Shop at Words of Life. The yarn is Patons brand Kroy Socks in the Sunburst Stripes colorway. I am using a new pattern by Susan B. Anderson. The pattern came out about a month ago and it's called Smooth Operator Socks. The design calls for an afterthought heel and Susan includes some tips and tricks for the heel portion which I've not seen before. These socks are working up quickly; the yarn is rather plump like Kroy Socks yarn typically is. I only have 48 stitches per round. 

I'll try to snap some photos as I work on the heel portion to show how that all comes together. Until then... happy knitting!

No comments: