Sunday, March 1, 2015

Watermelon Head


Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted Fingering Weight yarn in the Watermelon color way.

Sometimes I just don't know what I had in mind when I pick out some of the yarn I purchase.  This is yarn I bought on line; if I would have seen it in person, I probably would not have purchased it. The colors are less vibrant than I expected. This yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Dyed in the "Watermelon" color way.  I actually tried the yarn out in a sock pattern and maybe a scarf pattern as well, but I wasn't satisfied.  This yarn is in my stash and it kept bothering me, so I did a Ravelry search for some inspiration.

A cool function on Ravely is that you can select the "yarn" tab at the top of the screen. Type in the yarn you have and see what other folks have made from the very same yarn. Fun, right!?  So when I entered in Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Dyed, I saw that a number of folks used this yarn for a hat called "Sockhead". This is a pattern I've made one time before and I am curious to see how the yarn pools using this hand-dyed yarn.

Like I said, I knit this pattern once before.  I also used Knit Picks striping yarn for his hat.  Here it is:




Today is a rare, super rainy day in Colorado. Great weather for knitting!

No comments: