Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday walk with the puppies


The puppies and I went for a four mile hike today on Tunnel Drive. We only saw one man walking and three folks on bikes. Practically had the place to ourselves. 

I had a little Kodak Fever so I decided to share my favorite photos. 

In 22 years of living in Southern Colorado, I've never seen such wildflowers in the Spring. 


 
Huge bird (Turkey Vulture?) soaring in the sky.  Mist hanging above the distant hilltops. 




These remind me of Columbine but I am not sure. 




The picture above is my very favorite from the day. 



Remnants of the water system which runs through the Royal Gorge. 

 
If we follow these tracks, eventually we'd be at the Royal Gorge Bridge. 





I hope you enjoyed seeing these photos. Our hike was a great start to the day. 














No comments: