Sunday, December 16, 2018

Mitts for the Shop



Some Fingerless Mitts for the Shop

My local yarn shop is Yarned & Dangerous in Canon City, Colorado. The yarn shop owner, Ann, often receives samples of yarn and needles from vendors.  Recently I was able to bring home some of these goodies and knit up some items for the shop.  I ended up making two pairs of fingerless mitts.

Up first:  Yarn from Sirdar brand. The yarn line is called "Sublime" which I gather is Sirdar's Luxury Line of yarn (that's what the label says).  The yarn is named "'Elodie" and the color way is "Rosalyn".  Right away, the yarn reminded me of a Claude Monet Impressionist painting.  This is a pattern I improvised as I went along. I've made mitts before using just 50 grams of DK weight yarn. Thankfully I kept some good notes  from the prior mitts so I whipped these up in no time and did NOT run out of yarn.  Yay!




What do you think? I think the colors are so similar to the Monet Haystack painting.


Up next: Yarn from Louet brand. This yarn is called "Gems" (it's a 
Sport Weight yarn) and the color is a lovely shade of lavender.  The pattern is FREE on Ravelry and is called "Emilee Dee Mitts".  It's a favorite pattern of mine.  It's a great pattern for DK and Sport Weight yarn. I made these mitts a little longer than the pattern calls for and I also added a few rows to the thumb.  



My girl dog Sandy is my little shadow. I sort of kneeled down on the carpet to snap some photos of the mitts and Sandy decided she needed to be in the shot as well. She even got the concept:

 "We are taking photos of our FRONT PAWS!"



Adorable dog!  

For both pairs of mitts, I used some amazing knitting needles.  They are pictured above at the very top. The needles have the "Louet" brand name on them but they are made by Kollage.  These are square (not round) double pointed needles, US Size 4, and they are made of brushed metal. The points are nice and sharp.  I loved knitting with them and highly recommend them.


No comments: