Friday, December 28, 2018

Christmas Gifts... Sewing







Christmas Gifts

I started this post a year ago and never finished it.  This Christmas and last Christmas I made up some Christmas gifts.  I just thought I'd put them in one post... my mom likes to see what I sew.

At the very top, a fleece blanket I made up for Sylvia (my son's girlfriend).  I just trimmed the edges of the fleece with a rotary cutter and then perforated little holes around the perimeter of the blanket with a skip stitch blade in my rotary cutter. Then I just crocheted a simple border around the blanket. She loves this blanket. She brings it with her every time she comes to visit.



I also made up some pot holders.  A lot of these cute fabrics are from my Mom's fabric stash. Thanks, Mom!








This year and last year I also made up a number of soup bowl cozies.  These are not microwave safe but it's nice to put a hot bowl of soup or oatmeal in a bow cozy to keep your hands from burning.  I like using two contrasting fabrics in the bowl cozies. The cozies are reversible so you can use what ever side you like.  I made the bowl cozie in blue for Zach.







 




The bowl cozy in tan and burgundy features a Harry Potter themed fabric; it's a fabric that resembles the Marauders Map.  Sylvia loves the Harry Potter books so this bowl cozy was made for her.





This bowl cozy with flames on it was my practice bowl cozy.  I gave this one to Zach, too!



I am suddenly having a difficult time adding photos to my blog posts and it's messing with the formatting. So I apologize if this post comes through a little weird looking.  Frustrating!


No comments: