Thursday, December 13, 2018

Little Christmas Stockings



Little Christmas Stockings



I made up this Little Christmas Stocking pattern a few years ago; the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn.  I have been wanting to make some of these stockings, but just did not have the right colors for Christmas stockings in my yarn stash in worsted weight.

I decided to try out the pattern in some yarns I had on hand but the yarns were heavy fingering weight and DK weight.  In the stocking above (in two shades of gray), the cuff is a darker faux mohair yarn and the rest of the stocking is a lighter gray DK baby yarn. Both yarns are from King Cole brand yarns.

In the stocking with white cuff and the green stocking, I used a white DK baby yarn and Patons Kroy Sock yarn.  These are fun and quick. The smaller stockings look nice hanging on a Christmas tree.

For both of these stockings, I used US Size 4 double pointed needles.



No comments: