Sunday, August 4, 2019

I'm Making a Quilt: Part II


The block above is called "The Post Office



The block above is called "Ice Cream Parlor"

More Quilt Blocks...

Over the past few months, I've been learning to quilt. I made a number of 12.5 x 12.5 inch blocks from a Sampler Sew Along found on www.whitneysews.com.  Along the way, I started following another quilting group on Facebook which is hosted by Pat Sloan. She is also offering a free sew along called "Main Street" and I really liked the look of that project as well.  As luck would have it, the "Main Street" quilt blocks are also 12.5 x 12.5 inches.  I decided I would start making the "Main Street" quilt blocks until I ran out of the fabric that I had purchased for the original WhitneySews sew along. 

Pictured here are the Main Street quilt blocks.  All of the blocks are named after shops you might find along Main Street. 




The block above is called "Courthouse".


The block above is called "Five and Dime"


The block above is called "Books on Main". I was tired when I cut the fabric for this block so I accidentally cut enough for two blocks. Whoops!




The block above is called "Movie Theatre"




The block above is called "The Bank"



The block above is called "Beauty Shop/Barber Shop"

I've been learning about Quilt As You Go (QAYG) techniques.  I am planning to put this quilt together using one of the various QAYG techniques.  


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

It looks perfect!
~Have a lovely day!